My name is Matt and I am the programming director here at WWPV. I am a Sophomore from Albany New York and I am currently in the environmental studies with a focus on science and policy. I am a rock climber and snowboarder, I play the guitar and during the summer I work in landscaping.
As the programming director, my job is to create the bi-yearly DJ schedule and to be the primary connection between the WWPV staff and the DJs and training new DJs (which each staff member must do). This is my third semester having a radio show, and my first as part of the Exec board so I’m looking forward to working with all the new staff members that will be joining us in the coming year!
Concerts I’m looking forward to this year:
- Matt and Kim with the Tokyo Police Club at the Higher Ground on April 23rd
- Jack White at the Brewery Ommegang on May 27th
- Nathaniel Rateliff and The Night Sweats with the Head and the Heart at the Brewery Ommegang on Jun 5th
- The John Butler Trio at The Egg on July 12th
- The Pixies with Weezer at the Lakeview Amphitheater on July 15th
My top 5 favorite albums:
- Indie Cindy by The Pixies
Melophobia by Cage the Elephant
All at Once by the Airborne Toxic Event
American Slang by The Gaslight Anthem
Dust by the Screaming Trees